To: Vice Presidents, Deans, Directors, Department Chairs, Business Managers, and Administrative Professionals
From:Beth Ingram, Executive Vice President and Provost
Date: February 5, 2020
RE: Release time for open forums scheduled for feedback about HRS
To reimagine HRS and strengthen relationships with colleagues throughout the university, Audrey Southard will be hosting three open forums and meeting with randomly selected focus groups, where she will ask questions to understand the following about HRS:
- roles, processes, policies and strategies and their alignment with the NIU vision;
- the current and desired employee experience and services;
- the current and desired use of technology and software; and
- the current and desired professional and leadership development needs both in HR and across the campus.
The university supports these activities because of its importance to the future of NIU. Accordingly, the university has authorized a 60-minute release period for all employees who are interested in attending one of the open forums listed below or have been invited to attend a focus group. Employees who wish to attend a forum or focus group are required to coordinate this absence in advance with their supervisors.
Open forums have been scheduled on the following dates and times in the Holmes Student Center, room 405:
- Thursday, Feb. 13, from 12 to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 9 to 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 19, from 3 to 4 p.m.
The university encourages all employees to participate in this forum as the information received will be included in a report that will be shared with the university for further feedback. After that feedback period, the university will implement the best approach and strategy for HRS that supports our mission, vision and values. We appreciate the consideration of campus departments in making arrangements for staff and faculty who wish to attend.