The Payroll office will process and mail calendar year 2020 W-2s by the Internal Revenue Service’s deadline of February 1, 2021. These tax forms are required to be mailed to an employee’s home address unless the employee elects and consents to receiving the form electronically. When you opt to receive your W-2 form electronically, you will have convenient, secure access to your tax information as soon as it has been produced instead of waiting for the forms to arrive in the mail.
The deadline to elect and consent to receiving your 2020 W-2 electronically is Friday, January 8, 2021.
To elect and consent to receiving your 2020 W-2 electronically, please follow the steps below:
- Go to MyNIU.
- Click on the “MyNIU Human Resource System” panel.
- Login with your NIU User ID and password.
- Select the “Payroll” tile.
- Click on “W-2/W-2c” on the left menu bar.
- Click on “W-2/W-2c Consent.”
- To receive your W-2 electronically, check the box next to the message that reads “I consent to receive W-2 or W-2c forms electronically.”
- To complete your request, click the Submit button.
If you have previously consented to only receive your W-2 form in electronic format through MyNIU, you do not need to take any action.
Questions regarding this information can be directed to email@example.com.
Thank you for your service to the NIU community.